Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Treat Yourself in 2010 - Climb a Mountain!

Have you ever dreamt about climbing a mountain? Are you looking for a new challenge or a rewarding personal achievement for this year? Treat yourself by being part of GVN's Fundraising Trek to Mount Everest Base Camp and support disadvantaged children living in Homes at the same time.


As a participant in this trek you will also have the opportunity to visit ancient temples and palaces in Kathmandu, as well as the highest Buddhist monastery in the world. Funds raised through this trek will ensure the health, nutrition and education needs of the 13 children living in the Brighter Future Children's Home are met and also contribute to the construction and running costs of a new home.

Participants from the previous two Base Camp treks fundraised over $56,000 and here is what some of them had to say about their trekking adventure:

"It was wonderful! It was life changing and I am so glad I decided to do it....Having the opportunity to see a completely different way of life from my own really had a huge impact on me - more so than I ever thought it would."
Lindsay, USA Everest Trekker

"My trip to Everest Base Camp was a defining moment in my life and, for a moment, it gave me faith that I was not one to let life slip quietly from my hands. If you are like me and want to truly understand your world and your place in it, I hope that you will allow GVN to get you up off the couch and explore life. Best wishes on your journey."
Chris, USA Everest Trekker

Make this your year! Apply online today and make the trek to Everest Base Camp: http://www.globalvolunteernetwork.org/nepal/everest/

Colin Salisbury
Founder and President

No comments: